Some of the meals or sides I like to make with chili are:
- Chili topped with shredded cheddar cheese and Frito corn chips on the side
- Chili Cheese dogs
- Chili cheese fries
- Chili Mac & Cheese
- Chili with corn bread or on corn bread waffles
To make this chili use my Homemade Chili Seasoning Mix
I have some that like beans and some that do not at my house. So to get a little nutrition into my picky eaters I mash some of the beans with a fork. I helps to hide them within the chili and lets those who do actually like beans to enjoy them. The Man Child will pick out the whole beans when he come across them, which is fine with me because I know I am still getting some of them into his diet.
This version of chili will cook and be ready in an hour, however I like to make it in the morning and let it simmer on low all day. The house smells amazing and it gives the flavors a chance to combine together for a more flavorful chili.
- 1 tbs. oil
- 2 small onions chopped
- 1 large chopped green bell pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 - 40oz can of kidney beans
- 1 - 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 - 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 -3 tbs. Chili Seasoning Mix
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Brown the chopped onions and chopped green peppers until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and brown until cooked through.
- Add the kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and Chili Seasoning Mix.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour on low.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Please leave a comment below and follow A Girl in Paradise. If you have any questions leave them below and I will be happy to answer them.
Disclaimer – this post may contain affiliate links. These links help support this site. For more information see my sidebar for companies I am currently working with. Thank you for supporting A Girl in Paradise.